[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #8

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #8
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:17:21 -0700

Hello all,

Logistical:
- We still need a date for the coproc dev call. Fill this out http://whenisgood.net/nbkn35s
- GSoC "pencils down" is August 18th or 2.5 weeks from now. Time. Flies.

Progress:
- Last week I successfully tested the turbo decoder using a DSP only program. I figured out how I can best share the code without breaching any license terms so I'll have that up this weekend.
- This week I was able to get shared memory working between the ARM and DSP. Basically I create a contiguous buffer using CMEM on the ARM and get its physical pointer. I pass the physical pointer to the DSP (no MMU) using MessageQ and it can directly manipulate the buffer I created on the ARM. Works well with a little test of assign value on ARM and read on DSP, assign on DSP, read on ARM. Lot of annoyances but finally tweaked the right knobs to get this working.
- Next step is to now pass the physical pointer containing the log-likelihood ratios over to the DSP, and the DSP should be able to place the hard decisions in another physical pointer address that I pass to it. I can then test whether the resulting HDs match the expected HDs on the ARM. Should have this working early next week.
- After that I'll be able to play around with getting data in and out of GNU Radio so I can perform a full system integration test.

Things are moving!