Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TypeError for gr_vector_float arg

From: John Murphy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TypeError for gr_vector_float arg
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 13:54:20 -0400

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:08:31 -0400
John Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Trying to get my OOT block to accept a vector of floats for filter taps.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/gnuradio-InTree-modules/ofdm_tx_rx.py", line 518, in
> <module>
>     tb = ofdm_tx_rx()
>   File "/usr/local/share/gnuradio-InTree-modules/ofdm_tx_rx.py", line 314, in
> __init__
>     self.comso_ofdm_rx_0 = comso.ofdm_rx((sync_taps), nfft, ncp, nrp, nhst,
> thr, sel)
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/comso/comso_swig.py", line
> 398, in make
>     return _comso_swig.ofdm_rx_make(*args, **kwargs)
> TypeError: in method 'ofdm_rx_make', argument 1 of type 'gr_vector_float
> const &'

Heh... well... I tried again changing gr_vector_float to std::vector<float> and
that fixed this problem.
Now, I did that a couple times before, but apparently it must have been when I
still had some other issues.
Still... seems odd that a typedef prevents SWIG from making this connection.
And maybe I am still missing some header in the SWIG for gr_vector_* but it
works for a normal C++ vector.

But for now this is resolved and moving on.