Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Macports install where is gnuradio-core?

From: Sharath Ananth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Macports install where is gnuradio-core?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 16:41:35 -0700

Michael,
 Thanks for the response. What I am looking for was to replicate the following instructions which got from another website..

"After that you need to tell the location of these scripts to the Octave, typing the following line on the octave prompt will do the work
addpath("/home/username/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/utils/")
say the name of the data file you collected using uhd_rx_cfile is data
type the following in octave now
data_oct = read_complex_binary("/home/username/data")"

However there is no src/utils in gnuradio-runtime and this script 'read_complex_binary' is not anywhere...
My thinking is that this is because macports has not installed this. Should I be trying to install from source?

Thanks again,
Sharath

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:12 PM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Sharath - GNU Radio API version 3.7 installs "gnuradio-runtime".  "gnuradio-core" is from the 3.6 API.  This change is version dependent and OS agnostic.  You can find what a port installed and where it is installed via "port contents gnuradio | more".  THe Python files are installed into "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/".  Hope this helps. - MLD

--
Michael Dickens, OSX Programmer
Ettus Research Technical Support