Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question about function gr::block::set_history(

From: Kun Qian
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question about function gr::block::set_history()
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:54:11 -0700 (PDT)

        Sorry to bother you.I have some confusions on general_work().
       1.What's the mechanism of the general_work()? I've no idea about how to
find the material on it,and the site of gnu radio has too little information on it.

The function general_work is the place where a block processes input items and generates output items according to its functionality (such as filter). Besides the functionality, you have to tell the invoker how many items from each input port are consumed by invoking function consume or consume_each and how many items for each output port are generated through return value.

       2.Is the method general_work()  called automatically ?It seems that the function can consume the data automatically.How or whether can I control the
execution of general_work()?

Exactly, general_work are all automatically invoked by gr-scheduler, one of the core component of gnuradio, which handles runtime stuff of whole flow graphs. So, you don't have to control the execution of general_work().

The following PDF gives a brief introduction about gr-scheduler, including general_work function:

http://www.trondeau.com/blog/2013/9/15/explaining-the-gnu-radio-scheduler.html

        Thanks.Looking forward to your reply

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/A-question-about-function-gr-block-set-history-tp48313p49866.html
To unsubscribe from A question about function gr::block::set_history(), click here.
NAML

--
钱堃
Qian Kun