Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] USRP-1 and 4ch receiver?

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] USRP-1 and 4ch receiver?
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:58:26 +0200

Hey Mamoru,

On 09.08.2014 21:17, Mamoru Yamamoto via USRP-users wrote:
2) Your suggestion of "2 x B210" is very interesting.  A good thing is
that the frequency conversion is included in the board.  But I want to
know how to run 2 USRP boards from one application program.  Is there an
example?  If possible I want to use GNU Radio Python code, but is this
possible?  If not, do we need to control from C++?  In my application
"phase coherency" across all inputs are necessary.  "timing
synchronization" is not necessary.

This is, in general, possible. For some devices (e.g. N210), you can spawn a USRP Source/Sink that will talk to several devices, and allocate channels accordingly (e.g., channel 0 -> device 1, channel 2 -> device 2 etc.). With B210, you simply create a USRP source for every device you have. If they are both connected to the same clock source, you have synchronized receivers.

3) One more question.  If 2) is possible, is it possible to run "2 x
USRP-1" from a single application on a single PC?

You can also create two USRP Sources, one for each USRP1. However, unlike N210 or X310 for example, you can't synch them through software.
Use the "serial=XXX" or "name=XXX" device addrs to address these.