Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest freezes in random moments on my OOT

From: Michal Jakubiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest freezes in random moments on my OOT
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 18:06:03 +0300

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Michal Jakubiak <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I've written a simple block that takes a c34vector message as input and outputs a message containing average mag^2 of the samples in the vector.

I've added the QA code in Python and it seems to be working except the test never finishes. I've added a few print statements to see whats up. From what I can gather:
- The freeze doesn't use up CPU (at least nothing noticeable)
- Random number of messages are processed before the freeze occurs, sometimes none are sent

Could someone give me a hint on that? I've added the relevant code in the attachment.

BR,
Michal

What version of GNU Radio are you using? There is a known problem with message-only apps not properly shutting down. This should be fixed in the latest 3.7.4 release, but I think 3.7.3 is still buggy on this one.

Tom

I was on 3.7.2, I believe. I used the build-gnuradio script to update to 3.7.4. My problem persists. However, odd things happen. I doubt it is relevant to my actual problem, but here it goes:

5: ======================================================================
5: FAIL: test_001_t (__main__.qa_burst_to_power)
5: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
5: Traceback (most recent call last):
5:   File "/home/mehow/projects/gr-gsm_measure/python/qa_burst_to_power.py", line 124, in test_001_t
5:     msg_pow.message_ports_in(), 0)), 'bursts')
5: AssertionError: 'system' != 'bursts'
5:
5: Ran 1 test in 0.005s

I don't have a port called 'system'. This happened only once and made me tweak with the assertion statements. Now, when I check the message ports against their actual names ('bursts' and 'power'), the assertion is passed, but when I change the name to check against in the QA code I get (for both of my ports):

5: AssertionError: 'system' != 'whatever_name_I_put_there'

Other than this oddity, I get exactly the same thing as at the beginning. Could this happen because I have some leftovers of the previous version of gnuradio after using the script?