[Discuss-gnuradio] fcdproplus (Funcube Pro Plus) Module?

From: Thomas M. Alldread
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fcdproplus (Funcube Pro Plus) Module?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 16:50:56 -0700

Greetings,

My platform is the Mint 13 distribution of Linux which is based on Ubuntu 12.04.

I have been struggling with gnuradio trying to get it to work with my FuncubeProPlus dongle for which I have installed the latest fcdproplus package a couple of times. The example application shows the fcdproplus blocks OK indicating that the fcdproplus package for it is compiled and installed. There are fcdproplus files in the usr/share/gnuradio subdirectories thus the install appears normal. I can execute the dialtone and sweep examples which run OK indicating gnuradio is functional.

    I have done the following:

- Entered the recommended Udev rules. The funcube USB device is detected as it is listed as a Microchip device by the lsusb command. The dongle is shown with the expected "fb31" id that is assigned to the fcdproplus. But lsusb shows is on bus 4 which differs from the udev rules statement that indicate that it should be on bus 1, I don't know if this is relevant to the problem.

- I have added the /usr/share/gnuradio path to the PATH statement for both SU and user accounts.

    I get the following dump when I try to execute the example:

---------------
Generating: "/home/tma/GNU_Radio/GRC_WorkSpace/FMRadio.py"

Executing: "/home/tma/GNU_Radio/GRC_WorkSpace/FMRadio.py"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/tma/GNU_Radio/GRC_WorkSpace/FMRadio.py", line 19, in <module>
    import fcdproplus
ImportError: No module named fcdproplus

>>> Done

I don't know what is meant by module......is it looking for a software module or is that it cannot find the USB dongle? As FMRadio.py is re-generated with every execution attempt there is nothing that I can change that will stick in that file.

    I wonder if anyone here can help me?

Best Regards,
Tom