[Discuss-gnuradio] GRCP Monitor and Non-Numbers (C++ rpc register)

From: JT
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCP Monitor and Non-Numbers (C++ rpc register)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:11:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I am attempting to get and set strings via ControlPort, but I keep getting
the traceback error below when I right-click to set a value in the
ControlPort monitor (which I am using to ensure I am setting up the RPC
calls properly). Getting and setting a number works fine, but strings (and
vectors) keep giving me a traceback; the monitor doesn't crash, though, but
I still can't set the string.

rpcbasic_register_set<a_class, std::string> get_some_string
rpcbasic_register_set<a_class, std::string> set_some_string

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/gnuradio3.7/bin/gr-ctrlport-monitor", line 744, in openMenu
    self.parent.propertiesMenu(itemname, self.radio, self.uid)
  File "/opt/gnuradio3.7/bin/gr-ctrlport-monitor", line 124, in
propertiesMenu
    pmin = 1.1*abs(pmin)
TypeError: bad operand type for abs(): 'str'

I am not sure if it's important, but I the setup the polymorphic types as
follows:

pmt::string_to_symbol(std::string("")) for the getter
and
pmt::mp("") for the setter

Thank you in advance,
JT