Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR Peak AMplitude and Noise Floor Calculation

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR Peak AMplitude and Noise Floor Calculation
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:12:15 -0400

Ankit,

First, calibration is outside the scope (so to speak) of GNU Radio and USRPs, so absolute measurements are going to require test equipment.

But, you can determine SNR and the peak amplitude above the noise floor for some simple signals by viewing them on uhd_fft or a similar program. Peak hold and averaging functions may get you close to what you want.

Fortunately, after a while, you won't be new to GNU Radio any more.

- Jeff

My question is if we have an incoming signal coming from a usrp, How do