Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] RFNoC -- Making FPGA design easy fro

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] RFNoC -- Making FPGA design easy from GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:42:41 -0800

On 12/04/2014 10:52 AM, Matt Ettus via USRP-users wrote:

> Ettus Research is very excited to announce the release of RFNoC!

[...]

> All documentation and links to the source code can be found here:
>
>       https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/wiki/RFNoC:-Getting-Started

RFNoC is an exciting development, one we plan to take full advantage of
in our custom application services and training classes.

However, I want to add that at present, using the above capabilities
requires an Ettus Research-specific development branch of GNU Radio
(specifically, the GNU Radio Companion.)

The GNU Radio Project team is working closely with Ettus Research to
bring the needed GRC modifications into GNU Radio in a vendor-neutral
way.  This would allow other interested parties to develop their own
blocks that provide specialized ports, and have them displayed and
configured through GRC.

--
Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs
SDR/DSP Training and Consulting Services