Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to pass time tag into usrp sink as a paramete

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to pass time tag into usrp sink as a parameter ?[hurry...]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:34:31 +0100

Hello Rui,

why do you take the detour through a file? That looks unnecessary.

the USRP sink understands transmission times you specify using tags [1],
so this will be the easiest way to deal with this. You just need to
write a really short block (in C++ or python, whatever you prefer) which
takes the rx_time tag that the USRP source added to the sample stream
and generates a tag with the desired point in time [2].

There are some examples of the rx_time and tx_time tags usage in gr-uhd,
so just search for "tx_time" or "rx_time" in gnuradio/gr-uhd/examples/ .

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_stream_tags.html
[2] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_stream_tags.html