Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler simulator

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler simulator
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 13:22:51 +0100

Yes and no. The signal source just uses the information "sampling rate" to calculate the length of one period in samples. Other than that, nothing in GNU radio cares about sampling rate - that's a real world concept that only applies to real world devices (such as the USRP sink) but not to the digital signal processing. You should make sure to use the same nominal sampling rate that you used to generate the files with the signal in. For example, if you calculated the satellite signal based on a nominal rate of 1MS/s, and play it back at 5MS/s, everything will be frequency scaled with a factor of five.
Greetings,
Marcus