Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Slow GUI in GRC

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Slow GUI in GRC
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 10:41:21 -0500

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM, khalid.el-darymli <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

We recently bought a new machine with like 4 GHz processor, 16 GB of RAM. For the graphic card, we use the Radeon R7 250 1000 MHz GDDR5.

Latest version of Ubuntu (14.04 LTS) was installed along with GNU Radio built from the source. Everything seems to be installed just fine. However, when trying to use GNU Radio Companion (GRC), the GUI's are so slow. Every time I try to place in or move the blocks in GRC, the whole GUI stuck for a while and it gets so slow. Because of this, I am not able to run GRC.

Prior to this, GRC used to work just fine on another machine with a much lower specs for the RAM and the processor but with RS880 [Radeon HD 4200] graphic card.

What is the cause for this problem and how to fix it? Could it be the new graphic card (Radeon R7 250 GDDR5)?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Khalid

Sorry, this sounds like a computer/os/configuration problem on your end. There were some slowdown issues with GRC that were patched a while ago, so if you've built from the latest source, things shouldn't be that bad.

Tom