Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU_to_tagged_stream consumes 100% CPU even thoug

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU_to_tagged_stream consumes 100% CPU even though it is throttled!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:26:19 +0100

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Stupid question:
> at least in the old version of the code, the current message was popped
> from the queue using delete_head_nowait().
> Why don't we just delete_head_blocking() and -- block?

I think this would prevent the flow graph from stopping because it
would block there indefinitely.
For that to work, the condition variables of each message port would
have to be poked by the runtime on shutdown.

That's why I proposed a version of delete_head_blocking with a timeout
so we can handover control from time to time.

(this is from a quick glance at the code, I might have missed some stuff).

Cheers,

   Sylvain