[Discuss-gnuradio] Threaded GRC blocks

From: Jon West
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Threaded GRC blocks
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:13:12 -0500

I'm new to gnu radio, but I am trying to port a thread SDR application in to  a GRC block. My application buffers a bunch of data and then performs some signal processing on it that can take up to 500ms. Once processing is complete, the processing thread waits a certain amount of time before reading the buffer and then processing again, meanwhile the main trhread is consuming samples and advancing a sample counter. I was wondering what the best way to implement this as a GRC block. Currently I am creating the thread in the the block constructor and killing it in the destructor. I've done a search to try and find a solution to this but not finding much, or constantly be directed at the same results that don't help