Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build a DLL from my GNURadio OOT module with Visu

From: Damon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build a DLL from my GNURadio OOT module with Visual Studio 2013
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:55:23 +0800

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Windows 7, 64bits.
I have installed GNURadio following #3. And I could run gnuradio-companion in my laptop now.
But I would like to build a DLL from my OOT module.
The errors in my last email show that the constructed function and destructor of class gr::test::add_const_ff are not defined.
There would be not errors if it is built in Ubuntu.

Best regards,
Damon

Damon,

There are 3 documented ACCURATE ways to install GNURadio for Windows which I point out in #'s 2., 3., & 4. below.  But what your probably running up against is the following and further explained in # 4.:

I saw that you posted that you were able to install GnuRadio 3.7.2.2 on Windows,
but I have a couple of questions for you:

1.  Which version Windows are you using ?

2.  Did you install per *roughly* the exact instructions from here:

[Discuss-gnuradio] Compilation walkthrough for Windows x64

3.  Or did you install from these directions here:

Installing GNURadio (Windows)

4.  Or did you install from these directions here, ( which is the most recent and probably the area where you are having issues: )

[Discuss-gnuradio] Successful installation of GNURadio 3.6.4.1 on Window

Thanks - this explains all of my issues and many hours of frustrated
re-installation and searching - why supply it without the DLLs?

b. Although it is possible to successfully install GNURadio binaries for
versions 3.7.x, none of them include runtime DLLs for WX GUI blocks. Hence
these blocks are not displayed, and so most of the example files available
cannot be used as they need WX GUI blocks. Moreover, some of the QT GUI
blocks do not work in certain versions. Since I do not know how to make
these binaries, I request those who have created these version 3.7.x Windows
binaries to repack them so that we can run the latest versions of GNURadio
in Windows. Until that is done, there is no point trying to install those
versions.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-12/msg00498.html

​Damon,  I​ have Gnuradio 3.6.4.1 32 bit Portable & 64bit Portable just in case if you'd like.

But if you would PLEASE document the steps you utilized for your GnuRadio 3.7.2.2
on whatever version Windows you are using, many more people would be able to assist you.

Awaiting your reply please....

Sincerely,

Martin