[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: [USRP-users] USRP, GNURadio Companion, Polyphas

From: Ali Riaz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: [USRP-users] USRP, GNURadio Companion, Polyphase Channelizer Issue
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 16:49:47 -0600

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. I have a grc design related question, and it deals with the polyphase channelizer. I've tried looking into the documentation as had been previously suggested to see how everything works, and I got things working to an extent, but I'm confused as to the result that I'm getting. Here's what I have so far:

I want to divide the input spectrum into 8 equal channels using the channelizer, so the mapping should be as follows correct: (4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 0 -1 - 2 - 3 - 4)?

And I'm sending the 4th channel to a null sink, and working with the remaining 7 channels with a channel mapping of [0,1,2,3,5,6,7,4]. To see if I was doing things correctly, I decided to use the WX GUI Scope Sink. The end result that I get is somewhat confusing as you'll see in a moment. I'm attaching the pictures for your reference.

1) Firstly, the channels are not being divided equally, is it perhaps because of the taps of the prototype filter? The way I'm calculating them was actually suggested by a really helpful person at the USRP-Discussion group, so I've also attached a picture for that as well for your convenience. Would you suggest something else?

2) Sometimes, when I'm comparing the individual channels with the spectrum of the combined channels, there seems to be this phase delay. Do you think it's a hardware issue (because of all the computations and processing going on) or does this usually happen when using the channelizer?

Just an fyi, this is not an optimized version of my design (Thus, the number of blocks lol); but I'm pretty sure some sort of vectorization can be done to optimize the code and reduce the total amount of blocks. But will get to that once I figure out why I'm not getting the desired output.

P.S My apologies if this is a redundant email, I just realized that I hadn't subscribed to the mailing list earlier, so sending it again just in case you didn't receive it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Ali Riaz