[Discuss-gnuradio] Attribute Error: 'QByteArray' object has no attribute

From: Larry Van Der Jagt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Attribute Error: 'QByteArray' object has no attribute 'toByteArray'
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:54:14 -0500

Hello:

Working with the Dizzy build of E310 and trying to get GUI items to run that have no QWT in them to run.

Starting with uhd_fft.grc (gnuradio-companion run with LD_PRELOADS documented previously) with all blocks disable except QTGUI Frequency Sink.

This now runs until it hits

self.settings=Qt.QSettings("GNU Radio","uhd_fft")
self.restoreGeometry(self.settings.value("geometry"). toByteArray()

Attribute Error: 'QByteArray' object has no attribute 'toByteArray'

Commenting out this line allows that Python Program to run and properly display the GUI.

Looking briefly into this /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h it doesn't have any toByteArray and not being as familiar as I could be with what piece of code is asking for this, any pointers regarding where the root cause of this might be would be appreciated.

I know that there are issues with the PyQt  implementation in this build that are being addressed, but my suspicion is that this is unrelated to that work.

Thanks,
LVDJ