Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mimo beam forming on USRP

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mimo beam forming on USRP
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:41:28 -0800

On 03.03.2015 08:41, Pengyu Zhang wrote:
Martin - I am thinking about doing beam forming around 900MHz. The
number of antennas that I want to use is around 8x8. I am thinking about
using USRP N210+SBX+OctoClock-G suggested by ettus. But not sure how
much phase mis-alignment will I observe.

In that case, SBX will work fine. How much phase alignment you'll observe depends on your actual setup... there's a lot of factors (which is why, as Marcus mentioned, overall systems usually get calibrated before usage).

If you have specific questions or concerns, I suggest you contact Neel (CC'd).

Cheers,
Martin

Marcus - Thanks for the tips. Maybe I should look at how other folks do
phase calibration on USRP. Any recommendation of sample projects?
Ideally, I hope that this process can be done automatically in software
or in hardware.

Pengyu

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM, <address@hidden