Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding demodulation in ofdm

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding demodulation in ofdm
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 11:45:39 +0100

Hi Roja,

you forgot to actually explain what does not work. I'll refer you to [1]

there's a few things odd with your flow graph, nevertheless:
1. Double throttle: you'll only ever need one throttle block. I'd explain, but I think it's easy enough to understand once one realizes what throttle does.
2. You want to send binary data, but you convert that to float before passing it to OFDM mod. I'm pretty sure that's not what you really want to do -- just set the input type in the OFDM mod block to byte, short or int, and generate random numbers between 0 and 2^8, 2^16 or 2^32, respectively, using the corresponding output type of your random source.
3. This is really just nitpicking, but I assume you're a student and this won't be the last time you ask someone else for help: Please rotate all your blocks so that one can read them, and they don't overlap, try to align them and place them logically sound etc., when sharing.
It doesn't take much effort with the current versions of GNU Radio Companion, and it gives the people you ask the feeling that you already went through "tidying up" and don't force them to do that mentally. Actually, there's another feature in GRC that makes taking nice screenshots easier: Under "File" you'll find "Screen Capture", which will give you a correctly-sized image of only your flow graph, not the whole desktop.

If you're asking about the warning you see in the console window: it's exactly that, a warning, not an error. It means GNU Radio had to allocate a bit more of buffer, but it doesn't impact the functionality of your flow graph.

Greetings, and happy hacking :)
Marcus

[1]http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ReportingErrors