Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] issue with Rx/Tx loopback in FPGA of

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] issue with Rx/Tx loopback in FPGA of E310
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 07:35:11 -0800

Ben,

there's only limited buffering in the E310, so I'm not entirely surprised. There's quite some effort involved in getting the data from the FPGA to userland and back (this is what you're doing, right? Connecting the USRP Source straight to the USRP sink?). In a sense, you're not cutting the FPGA enough slack to have samples ready in time.

Maybe if you have some blocks between source and sink, it would help, or play with the buffer sizes on the host.

Really, you should be connecting the radios together on the FPGA (RFNoC allows you to do that), but our RFNoC support on E310 still has some minor issues which we will be sorting out very soon.

Cheers,