Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding OFDM demodulation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding OFDM demodulation
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:40:33 +0100

Dear Gaddam,

I think your symbol generation is a bit weird.
I think you want to send binary data, but you convert that to float before passing it to OFDM mod. I'm pretty sure that's not what you really want to do -- just set the input type in the OFDM mod block to byte, short or int, and generate random numbers between 0 and 2^8, 2^16 or 2^32, respectively, using the corresponding output type of your random source.

Anyway, you're not giving nearly enough information to help you -- "not getting demodulated output" doesn't really indicate what goes wrong. Try the recommendations in [1], to give us a more meaningful description of the problem.

Best regards,
Marcus Müller

[1] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ReportingErrors

PS:
Hello sir,

There's not only "sirs" on this list, but also "ladies", and maybe a few artificial intelligences, so maybe just say hello ;)