Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up GNU Radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 23:12:26 +0100

If I install it without sudo to a local account directory, how will other users be able to access the install? Is it simply a matter of setting up the environment variables correctly?
The idea is to install GNU Radio globally, and let users handle their own modules in their own home directories. So you'd install GNU Radio with sudo as root into /usr/local, and each user installs private modules into /home/<user>/prefix

When does the error you paste below occur? Before you get the chance to enter /usr/local as prefix, or after?
Anyway, I'd recommend deleting your pybombs folder and cloning it cleanly again, running pybombs without root. It should ask you for the prefix. after that, it should print a warning that you should re-run it with sudo. Do that. Does the error still occur?

Greetings,
Marcus