[Discuss-gnuradio] installing gr-ettus

From: Ben Lapointe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gr-ettus
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:55:09 -0400

Hi,
I'm trying to install gr-ettus on an E310.
I previously installed a new version of UHD (to support RFNoC) in the directory /opt/uhd
I would like to install gr-ettus into the existing version of gnuradio that is installed.

Inside the build directory of gr-ettus, when I type "cmake ../" I get the following message and error:
-- Found UHD: /usr/lib/libuhd.so
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:108 (message):
RFNoC not found.

When I had installed UHD, I followed the steps in [1], and made sure that the new libuhd.so was in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I added the new path to /etc/ld.so.conf; however, when I ran ldconfig I got the following error:
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.20-gdb.py is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.
I had ignored that error, partly because I didn't understand it, and partly because I had already updated the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  Was it a mistake to ignore it?

I welcome any advice on installing gnuradio out-of-tree modules (such as gr-ettus mentioned in [2]), and advice on managing different versions of UHD on the same system.  I can't seem to get the gr-ettus installation to look at the new version of UHD.  Note: I am using the E310 Dizzy build [3].

Thanks!
-ben

[1] http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html
[2] https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/wiki/RFNoC:-Getting-Started