Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems to create a new OOT module using gr_modt

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems to create a new OOT module using gr_modtool in a pybombs instalation of Gnuradio
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:03:20 -0400

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Luiz Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I tried to create a module in the Gnuradio v3.7.6.1 installed by pybombs using gr_modtool. But the module didn't appear in the gnuradio module list.
I verified if something it was wrong during the creation of the block, but it wasn't.

So after a long time, I noticed that the .xml files of the new module it was created in a different folder.
In my case I install gnuradio in the folder: //usr/local/src, where I put the pybombs files and install, and the .xml files usually are located in: //usr/local/src/target/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks. But the new module .xml files was created in: //usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks.

Because of that, my new module didn't appear in the gnuradio module list.
So, I copy the .xml files to the correctly folder and n more problems with that.

But, I would like if there are another solution to that.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks,

You've set two different prefixes for GNU Radio and your OOT project, so they were installed into different locations. That's fine, but you'll need to setup your system to handle it. For the GRC problem, you can take a look here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Installing-the-XML-Block-Definition

That gives you different ways to tell GRC where to find blocks. You might find yourself needing to add to your PATH, PYTHONPATH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH env. variables (you can find this in the environmental setup script generated from pybombs' 'env' command).

Tom