Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Source configuration

From: Larry Van Der Jagt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Source configuration
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:32:06 -0400

Hello:

Thanks to everyone who has replied.  It seems that audio processing has some sort of timing issues.

When I experiment with the channelizers detailed in;

http://www.trondeau.com/examples/2014/1/23/pfb-channelizers-and-synthesizers.html

https://static.squarespace.com/static/543ae9afe4b0c3b808d72acd/543aee1fe4b09162d08633d9/543aee20e4b09162d086354d/1395272342027/fm_channelizer.grc

With the only change being setting the Mb0 clock source to default rather than as in the demo in order to get the flowgraph to run on my E310 as well as my B210,  The B210 is running on an Ubuntu 12.04 kernel 3.8.0-44-generic,  the E310 is running 3.14.2-xilinx.

I find that the code runs with minimal aU and O on the B210 connected using USB3 to an I7 machine.

However, when I I try the exact same code Xed in to my E310 running the Dizzy Demo image with updates to allow for QTGUI and QWT to operate,

There are very many string of approximately 30 Os  interspered with single aUs and these overflow result in completely broken unusable audio.

I am now researching what levers may be available for audio system tuning and into the possibility of switching to Jack for audio ...

As always any links or pointers are welcomed.

LVDJ