[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion segmentation fault

From: robert mounger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion segmentation fault
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 05:57:30 -0700

I don't see how this will get threaded, but anyway...

I finally got it to work. I had to completely reinstall ubuntu, then I
installed gnome-shell chromium-browser & synaptic. I installed gnuradio from
synaptic. It uninstalled gnome & chromium & my touchpad(LOL) but when I put
everything back together it ran. I think it is related to this bug:

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/1424466

Ubuntu says:
"As far as installing some of those packages in 14.04.2 (HWE) the issues have
been 90%+ fixed with new mesa source packages (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4). However they
are currently only in trusty -proposed. Read bug report that I've duped your
above report to."

"** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1424466
   Devel package not installable in 14.04.2 (mesa-lts-utopic

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
report.

Ubuntu added something called "mesa" recently & the rollout seems to be painful
to say the least.

Hope this helps & please consider closed.