[Discuss-gnuradio] DC-block block

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC-block block
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:45:56 -0400

I'm wanting to use the DC-block block, and I have questions about its use.

My scenario is to use it as a cheap high-pass, with a corner frequency of a few milli-hertz, with samples arriving at 50Hz.

It's not clear how the "length" parameter relates to the desired corner frequency and sample rate.

Another approach I was considering was to use a long-time-constant single-pole IIR, and subtract the output of that from the unmolested
  sample stream.

This is for a correlation interferometer, where we want to eliminate stability issues caused by low-level interference from satellite signals that basically show up as slowly-varying DC, at a frequency that's about 1/10th the fringe frequency.