Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs, gnuradio, libprotobuf issues PLEASE HELP

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs, gnuradio, libprotobuf issues PLEASE HELP ME
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:42:44 -0700

The first error can be repaired by adding the line:

#include <stdio.h>

to gnuradio/gr-dtv/lib/atsc/atsc_interleaver_impl.cc

I'm not sure how this bug slipped by.

Ron

On 03/23/2015 03:01 PM, ben Gee wrote:
I've picked up some issues over the last month of trying to get a working gnuradio pybombs install with the openlte and fosphor pybombs packages. Had no idea it would be this difficult on a brand new system with a fresh OS install and following all the instructions on the gnuradio site, but i guess that's open source for ya. I'm learning a lot though and hope that my questions will help someone else down the road.

1) can anybody tell me where the install log for pybombs is? I've been told that it exists, but can't find it anywhere.

2)i've been working with Sylvain on getting Fosphor running in my pybombs build, which was having a lot of problems, so just to be on the safe side I decided to try a clean build of gnuradio and pybombs altogether. To do so i did the following:
-deleted my pybombs directory
-followed the instructions here (https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart)

-ran ./pybombs install gnuradio -v

uhd seems to be ok, but gnuradio installation failed with this error:

http://pastebin.com/XB9KW9Yx

3) wanting to investigate i ran ./pybombs list i got this error

"have_deb: Does not satisfy requirement...installed version of libprotobuf-dev (2.5.0) is not >= than 2.6.1"

(./pybombs list output here)

so in order to fix the protobuf problem i ran ./pybombs install protobuf

which then returns this:

http://pastebin.com/rGqwsdYR

i'm not sure if the libprotobuf and gnuradio issues are related, but obviously i'm doing something wrong.

thanks,
-b