[Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Microphone Integration

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Microphone Integration
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:32:50 -0700

Hi all,

I've got my packet based radio working now, so I want to test it by talking into a mic on the transmitter laptop and playing the stream on the speakers of the receiver laptop.

I realized I don't know how to integrate the audio sink floating point output of the mic to my byte based radio input. I assume there is an encoder that handles this transition, but I'm not familiar with audio streaming at all.

How should I integrate the mic at the transmitter side and the speakers at the receiver side?

I looked for an example online but didn't find anything. I thought there was a tutorial at one point on this but maybe I'm wrong.

v/r,
Rich