Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] R820T frequency tuning issue

From: jean-michel . friedt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] R820T frequency tuning issue
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:23:09 +0100

As a quick followup to my previous post, I confirm that the R820T is well
suited for GPS
signal decoding. I was not expecting the huge frequency offset (> 100 kHz at
1.57 GHz) and
was not searching far enough from the expected carrier frequency during the
acquisition phase.
However these results were acquired by runnig rtl_sdr -s ... -f ... while
gnuradio-companion
running gr-osmosdr is unable to lock at 1.57 GHz and barely locks (for a few
seconds !) at
1.56 GHz. I have analyzed the various version of librtlsdr (used by rtl_sdr and
by gr-oscmocom)
as well as the set_frequency functions and am unable to track any difference
between the two
codes (so far).

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 32 av. observatoire, 25044
Besancon, France