Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Copying OOT blocks to a different system

From: Murphy, John
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Copying OOT blocks to a different system
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:15:34 -0400

Thanks Marcus, that worked. And it is much simpler.

- John

From: Marcus Müller

you shouldn't use gr_modtool to create a new module on your destination
system -- just take your OOT's folder, and copy it over to the
destination system, deleting/omitting your build folder. Then rebuild
and install -- CMake should make sure to find all the libraries on the
destination system itself.

In fact, OOTs were designed to be self-contained and transportable like
this -- which is what tools like pybombs rely on: you can just copy/git
clone the OOT directory tree, mkdir build, cd build, cmake .., make and
make install and be set.