Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-uhd: rx_freq tag and lo_locked

From: Anderson, Douglas J.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-uhd: rx_freq tag and lo_locked
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 17:49:47 +0000

Martin,

I think we could have the same effect with a much simpler solution:

What about adding an lo_locked metadata tag to the stream of samples?

You could send lo_locked value=False on the last sample before LO unlocks, and
lo_locked value=True for first sample after LO locks. That should be (?) simple
to implement and would be equally as useful.

Otherwise, determining the first usable sample, as you said, "depends on pretty
much everything", and that's a lot to push down on the end user.

-Doug