[Discuss-gnuradio] SRIF Workshop 2015

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SRIF Workshop 2015
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 18:55:17 -0400

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pass out information on the 2015 SRIF (Software Radio Implementation Forum) workshop that we're hosting as part of this year's ACM Mobicom conference in Paris. There is a lot of great work going on in SDR right now, and I know a lot is happening in Europe, so this is a fantastic opportunity for people in this area to get together to talk about software radio. I'm the technical co-chair of the workshop this year, so I really hope to see a lot of GNU Radio papers submitted.

This should be a great venue for discussions on interesting problems in SDR implementation. We are starting to see a huge amount of interest in 5G, IoT, millimeter wave, and virtualization and therefore how software radio can play a role in these areas. Though that list is full of buzzwords, it still represents some significant challenges that we are looking at as a community.

And though I can't guarantee this right now, I am pushing for an open access policy on papers submitted to SRIF, and I will be promoting the sharing of data, code, and papers to try and enhance the level of interaction and the evolution of our field.

For more information on SRIF 2015:
http://srif.seas.upenn.edu/

Thanks,
Tom