Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs bombs

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs bombs
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:20:58 -0400

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 2:43 AM, Mike Willis <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Tom,

I understand your point and it’s a general problem with modules in the recipes that are included by default that if any one of them fails to build, so does the system. Imagine if I had no USRP and didn’t even know what one was. If I came to install Gnuradio it would fail under this system. I would need to know there is a USRP list and subscribe to it, even without any usrp. So, really the issue is the pybombs recipe including things that are not part of gnuradio by default. Effectively they become part of the system by doing that.

Mike

Hi Mike, I know no one likes to be told that they've asked the question in the wrong place like this -- I've been there before myself. But you asked a question that could be better answered elsewhere, so that's where I pointed you. I wasn't trying to be dismissive.

Tom