Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interfacing a software radio to gnu radio compani

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interfacing a software radio to gnu radio companion
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:59:20 +0200

Hi Yile,

GNU Radio doesn't really care where your source block gets its samples from, or what your sink block does with the samples -- so all hardware blocks are just normal GNU Radio blocks, no special steps necessary.

If you're not very used to the concept of sink/source blocks in GNU Radio, I'd recommend reading through chapter 1-6 of the Guided Tutorials [1]. I've written a USB bulk transfer based source block a while back, and it wasn't hard to do, considering all I did was reading data from libusb when GNU Radio called my block's work() method.

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials