Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] phase coherence for N210 and SBX

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] phase coherence for N210 and SBX
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:07:40 +0200

Hi Marcus, hi Pengyu,

I'd like to make an addition to that:
modern gr-uhd uses a timed command to start streaming samples, so the
CORDICs in both USRPs should be aligned. But:
It doesn't inherently use timed commands for tuning; you should do
something like:

usrp_source0.set_command_time(uhd_source0.get_time_now()+0.1)
usrp_source0.set_center_freq(frequency)
usrp_source0.clear_command_time()
time.sleep(0.15)

after you configured your usrp_source and before your top_block is
.start()ed.

Generally, I like
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_sync.html
because it explains a bit why and how things work.

Greetings,
Marcus