Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing pre-compiled OOTs

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing pre-compiled OOTs
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:16:28 -0700

Leonardo,

Have you tried copying the entire module directory (including build) from one computer to another? What errors do you see when you do that?

v/r,
Rich

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Leonardo S. Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I come to you with a rather strange request :)

I’m looking into the possibility of installing OOTs that were precompiled in one system onto another.

Lets consider basic stuff first:

1. Versions of all software are identical in both systems (linux, gnuradio, uhd, build suite, etc...).
2. I’m copying all relevant binaries and compiled stuff from $INSTALL_PREFIX/lib to another computer and installing in exactly the same $INSTALL_PREFIX
3. LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHONPATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH, etc, are set correctly on both systems and tested for OOTs build locally in each.

Will this crazy idea work? If not, why?

If it is possible, then what will be the limitations (ex: different version of software, different $INSTALL_PREFIX)?

Thank you.

Best regards

Leonardo

--