Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is file sink block resetting USRP?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is file sink block resetting USRP?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:30:47 -0400

On 05/27/2015 05:52 PM, Carl Olsson wrote:
Hi all,

I use a file sink block in my flow graph to record samples from a USRP N210. I start the flow graph and then after some time starts to record using the file sink block by switching it on using a selector block.

My question is, when the file sink is activated, is the flow graph in any way restarted?

I have attached a plot of the real part of the samples I recorded. I see strange behavior in the beginning as I would expect if I instantly started to record when the flow graph is started (due to the time it takes for the radio to tune in).

The reason to why I am asking is that I suspect that the phase of the signal is changed when I start to record, and maybe this could explain why.

Best regards,

Carl