Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What if noutput_itmes is too short?

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What if noutput_itmes is too short?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 11:26:48 +0900

Hi,

> As I understand, if I consume(0, n), where n is less than ninput_items, then
> only n samples at the front of input_items[] are consumed and unconsumed
> part remains. And then, at the next call of general_work(), incoming samples
> are appended at the end of input_item[]. Is this right?
>
> If it is right, I can get a single whole payload by not consuming input
> samples after some time passed...

Not really. Because the buffers are allocated only once at the start
and not resized and not really under your control.

So if you leave the sample in there, and the buffer fills up and you
still don't have a full payload, the graph will stall forever.
It's annoying and a pattern that comes up quite often but it's the way
it works ATM.

Cheers,

    Sylvain