Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on state machine implementation in GNURa

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on state machine implementation in GNURadio
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 16:47:33 +0200

Hi Anil,

On 05/31/2015 07:36 AM, Anil Kumar Yerrapragada wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was just wondering if it is possible to implement a state machine
> logic using GNURadio. Where each state is a block and incoming data
> passes through these states.
No. I don't know what you really have in mind, but blocks are blocks and
not states.
> I want to be able to control which block gets executed when, based on
> some state transition logic which I will define.
You can always halt the flow graph and reconfigure it; for the problem
you've described I'd definitely use the tagged stream logic I tried to
explain.

> For example in a receiver model, energy detect, synchronisation,
> channel estimation, equalisation and detection could be the states and
> each state would operate on incoming data based on a transition logic.
You should have a look at reconfiguration. But much more, I think it's a
good idea to have a look at existing frameworks -- maybe you'd want to
understand the ofdm_rx example in gr-digital/examples?

Best regards,
Marcus