Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a two blocks synchronizing problem

From: dcardona
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a two blocks synchronizing problem
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 10:53:58 -0700 (MST)

Hello Marcus.

Thank you for your response.

<There's a handy trick to ensure that GNU Radio always calls you with a
multiple of 8 (encoder) or 11 (decoder) items:
set_output_multiple as well as set_relative_rate allow you to define how
GNU Radio handles the amount of items.>

I I had already done that when I made the question, I'm sorry I didn't
specified it.
This is how I set it:
<void set_output_multiple (int tamano_entrada + nsimbolo);
        set_relative_rate (double relative_rate);>

In another topic, you wrote me that was syntactically incorrect and you
advice me to set it like this:
set_output_multiple(tamano_entrada+nsimbolo);

But this way I get the errors <‘tamano_entrada’ is not a type> and <expected
‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘+’ token>

Again, when I set this parameters the first time I asked (void
set_output_multiple (int tamano_entrada + nsimbolo);
        void set_relative_rate (double relative_rate);) I did not get any
errors,
but I had the problems I wrote in the original message.
<The problem: The encoder´s outputs are fine, they are what I expected them
> to be.
> But, the decoder´s outputs are giving me trouble: At first, it behaves
> well,
> the decoder´s input corresponds with encoder´s output and the decoder´s
> output corresponds with the vector source´output. But then, after a while,
> the decoder´s input do not begin in the first value as the encoder´s
> output
> and thus, the decoder´s output is not equal to the vector source´s output.
>
> For example, if the encoder´s output is: 20.57, 11.45, 14.82, 17.81,
> 16.95,
> 16.63, 20.57, 15.14, 16.95, 11.45, 20.57.  At first, the decoder´s input
> is
> exactly the same, but after a while, are: 17.81, 16.95, 16.63, 20.57,
> 15.14,
> 16.95, 11.45, 20.57, 20.57, 11.45, 14.82. It begins in the fourth value
> instead the first. >

Is there something else I am missing?

Thank you very much!

David