[Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: No module named osmosdr on Mac

From: Veljko Pejovic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: No module named osmosdr on Mac
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:00:13 +0200

Hi,

After a while I got back to playing with gnuradio, and I'm happy to
see that the choice of available/supported hardware is much wider than
it used to be a few years ago.

I've got one of those DVB-T USB dongles, installed rtl-sdr software to
confirm that the device works (yes, I can listen to FM radio now), and
proceeded with installing Gnuradio + osmosdr module.

I'm working on Mac running OS X Yosemite, and I installed Gnuradio via
macports. I installed osmosdr as explained here
http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmoSDR

Now, here is the problem: Gnuradio-companion runs fine, initially I
couldn't see osmosdr blocks, but I fixed that when I set
GRC_BLOCKS_PATH to /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/ where osmosdr
blocks got installed. Then, I created a simple graph with RTL-SDR
source in the companion, but when I run it I get "ImportError: No
module named osmosdr"

It seems to me that gnuradio-companion, although seeing the the block
descriptors now, doesn't seem to link to the osmosdr python module
well. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you,

Veljko