[Discuss-gnuradio] Distance Measurement

From: Manuel David Lozano Amezquita
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distance Measurement
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:56:52 +0000

Hi everyone,

I have been doing this proyect for a few months but until this moment I don't have idea why it doesn't works, I need to ask to the expert community, mainly to find a line of work.

I would like to measure the distance between two anthenas that are connected to the USRP B210. I'm trasmiting a signal with period of 1kHz but the pulse is just 125 Hz of that period, as I show in the attached image. This signal is trasmitted in a frecuency of 1.8 Ghz.

So, I want to measure the time delay on the Scope Sink, or in Matlab the samples delay that are between the trasmitted signal and the received signal. If I could have this information I could know the distance by the formula v=d/t, where v is the speed of the light, d= distance and t= time delay of the two signals.

When I run the proyect, the time delay doesn't change when I change the distance between both anthenas, as I show in the attached video. I don´t know Why this delay doesn't change, or I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in the receive part.

Then, any help will be very useful.

Kind regards,

Manuel