Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconnecting OFDM rx

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconnecting OFDM rx
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:17:32 -0700

On 14.07.2015 10:03, Julius Durst wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I don't exactly understand what you mean. I connected the Tag Debug to
> both outputs of Schmidl&Cox, but that does not seem to add any tags even
> when running in the "normal" mode. I don't think it is supposed to as it
> doesn't get any keys.
>
> When disconnecting the rx, the detect output of S&C stops (no new
> samples come out of it). When reconnecting the rx, I get a flow of zeros
> from the detect output (no more detections). This is where I'm really
> wondering if it is doing what it is supposed to.

Yeah, I meant 1s on the detect output, not tags. But I see you got what
I meant.

And this is what I meant; the S&C is pretty robust and doesn't care
about states (it does have some memory, though, for the averaging). It
shouldn't care less if something was disconnected or not.
Anyway, if only zeros are coming from the detect output, that's the
issue right there. Can you have a peek inside that block, see what's
going on?

Cheers,
Martin