Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac gui

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac gui
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:23:30 +0200

Hi Albin,

the point is that Sylvain is right, building your own visualization GNU Radio blocks is harder than using the data GR gives you in an application, only communicating the results in and out. That's basically because every GUI toolkit has its own idea of how to handle threading and needs to be the one that controls certain aspects of program execution (basically, GUI toolkits need to hog the main loop). Hence, the integration between for example Qt and GNU Radio needs to be quite tight in order to make it possible to run Qt visualizations; it won't be much easier with Cocoa.

Regarding IPC ringbuffer: try the gr-zeromq blocks that come with the recent versions of GNU Radio. They work reliably, and take any zeromq "URL", which includes shared memory IPC urls.

Best regards,
Marcus