[Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS recipe loader 'flag day'

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS recipe loader 'flag day'
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:09:52 -0700

Hey PyBOMBS fans!

I felt inspired last night, so I added support for a description field in recipes. This is a an optional one line element giving a brief description of the the module. I always forget what gr-dsd or gr-ldpc do, for example.

This is exposed to the user by "pybombs info gr-dsd" or by hovering over the icon in the app store. I've added descriptions to a bunch of recipes so it's immediately useful.

There's one big caveat: ADDING DESCRIPTIONS TO RECIPES IS NOT BACKWARD COMPATIBLE. YOU MUST UPGRADE PYBOMBS BEFORE SYNCING RECIPES AND USING THE DESCRIPTION FIELD OR ELSE THE RECIPES WILL NOT PARSE.

I'm going to try make the recipe parser be a little more robust to unknown elements to avoid future flag days, sorry for the inconvenience this time.

-C