[Discuss-gnuradio] Tag Propagation Question

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tag Propagation Question
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:50:38 -0700

If I set_tag_propagation policy(TPP_DONT) and then re-add all tags in range to the output, but only produce a portion of the input items to output, what effect does this have?

Here is a good corner case example of what I mean:

Suppose I'm given 10 items, and every item has a tag associated with it. I then make the following actions

set_tag_propagation policy(TPP_DONT)
for( ii = 0; ii < 9; ii++)
{
    add_item_tag(0, tags[ii].offset, tags[ii].key, tags[ii].value, tags[ii].srcid);
}

consume_each(5);
return 5;

I'm concerned this might cause tags to be added or lost.

Thanks,
Rich