Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about phase sync MIMO X310

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about phase sync MIMO X310
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:48:38 +0200

Hi Sanjoy,

On 22.07.2015 16:09, Sanjoy Basak wrote:

I exchanged set_command_time with set_start_time to check
you need both -- set_start_time to align the sampling start, ie. the point in time the ADC takes the first measurement, and set_command_time() followed by set_center_freq() to make both daughterboards tune exactly at the same time, allowing for static phase offset. Note that I write "static phase offset": This means that after tuning each oscillator will have the same phase like the last time that exact oscillator was tuned, but due to manufacturing tolerances as well as your RF set up, the phase with which your radio signal will be transmitted or received will still have an offset -- but it's going to be the same.

Best regards,
Marcus