Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding gen_interpolator_taps

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding gen_interpolator_taps
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:03:21 +0200

Hi Kiran,

Even though I have GNURadio built with pybombs, I don't see the gen_interpolator_taps binary anywhere such that I can run it and generate new taps
That's right, it doesn't seem like gen_interpolator_taps.c is ever converted to an executable. There's an easy reason for that: Noone ever cared to include that in any CMake files, so that it would be built.
The reason for that "sloppiness" might just that it requires fortran to build, and unless you really really want to play around with these taps, you probably don't want that tool anyways.

So the "easy" fix to this is:
(0. kindly dwell in the fact that this somehow reminds you of working with LAPACK)
1. install gfortran
2. in the gen_interpolator_taps directory:
gcc -c gen_interpolator_taps.c
gcc -c simpson.c
gcc -c objective_fct.c
gfortran -o gen_interpolator_taps *.o praxis.f
3. run gen_interpolator_taps

Best regards,
Marcus